CS1101: Computer Science Skills
This module is offered in 2017-18.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Understand the essentials of good technical writing.
- Be familiar with methods for academic research.
- Understand the essentials of good presentation skills.
- Be familiar with basic concepts of discrete mathematics.
- Understand the object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Be able to develop simple, well-structured programs in a high-level object-oriented language.
- Academic research, bibliographies and referencing.
- Discrete mathematics, including computer representation, logic, sets and relations.
- Object oriented modelling and programming, using UML and Java.
- Effective communication.
- Reflective writing.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all sub-Honours modules (tutorials, mark of 4 in each assessment component).
- Submit acceptable attempt at all pieces of coursework.
- Actively participate in class activities.