CS1006: Programming Projects
This module is offered in 2021-22.
The aims of this module are:
- To reinforce key Java programming skills.
- To gain experience in collaborative software development.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Have gained further understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Have gained ability to solve open-ended programming problems.
- Have gained ability to reflect on achievements.
- Have gained further experience of software development and debugging.
- Have gained further experience in technical report writing.
A choice of projects such as:
- Simple domain-specific database using files.
- Ditto using backing relational database & JDBC.
- GUI construction, including self-driven learning of an unfamiliar API.
- Space invaders style game.
- ELIZA style conversation.
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all sub-Honours modules (tutorials, mark of 4 in each assessment component).