CS4303: Video Games
This module is offered in 2017-18.
The aims of this module are:
- To build game-specific programming skills.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Have an understanding of the technical aspects of gaming:
- mathematical and algorithmic methods;
- artificial intelligence;
- networking and distributed computing;
- software construction, prototyping and testing.
- History of video games.
- Game loops.
- Game physics.
- Networking and multiplayer games.
- Artificial intelligence.
- Security and cheat prevention.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- Pass all pieces of coursework (i.e. achieve mark of at least 7).
- Attend and participate in all testing and demonstration sessions.