CS5010: Artificial Intelligence Principles
This module is offered in 2017-18.
The aims of this module are:
- To give an overview of AI and its philosophy.
- To cover fundamental principles in AI.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be aware of how search is used to solve a variety of problems in AI.
- Be familiar with fundamentals of symbolic AI, machine learning, neural networks, and robotics.
- Quantifying and reasoning with uncertainty.
- Logic and knowledge representation.
- AI search.
- Machine learning and neural networks.
- Philosophy of AI, including the Turing test and related topics.
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component).
- Tom Kelsey
- [Ian Gent]