CS5011: Artificial Intelligence Practice
This module is offered in 2020-21.
The aims of this module are:
- To give an overview of AI practice.
- To cover fundamental methods in AI.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Know how search is used in practice to solve a variety of problems in AI.
- Be able to implement fundamental techniques of optimisation, reasoning with uncertainty, logic and knowledge representation, and AI search.
This module covers practical design and implementation of AI techniques, covering four areas:
- Quantifying and reasoning with uncertainty.
- Logic and knowledge representation.
- AI search.
It is shown how to implement AI ideas in software and how to evaluate such implementation.
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component).