CS5023: Mobile and Wireless Networks
This module is offered in 2016-17.
The aims of this module are:
- To study in depth mobile network systems, architectures and technologies.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Have knowledge and understanding of basic mobile network architecture.
- Have knowledge and understanding of some basic technologies that are in use.
- Be able to make critical assessment of mobile systems.
- Be able to analyse and propose broad solutions for a range of mobile scenarios.
- Challenges in mobile computing.
- Media access protocols.
- Wireless LANs, PANs and WANs.
- Ad hoc, delay-tolerant and opportunistic networking.
- Sensor networks.
- Various cross-cutting themes, including energy, economics, privacy and security.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- Attendance at paper-reading discussions and presentations.