CS5032: Critical Systems Engineering
This module is offered in 2020-21.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Understand the fundamental notion of system dependability and how dependability is affected by both social and technical factors.
- Understand the notion of a socio-technical system.
- Have been introduced to methods and techniques for achieving software dependability.
- Understand how human and social factors may have both positive and negative influences on socio-technical system dependability.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- Attendance at weekly class meetings.