CS5041: Interactive Software and Hardware
This module is offered in 2022-23.
The aims of this module are:
- To provide experience with using tools to create interactive prototypes and interfaces.
- To allow students to experience a wide variety of new interface technologies.
- To explain the basic common principles of interface implementation technologies.
- To explore the advantages and trade-offs of various technologies available for creating interactive prototypes
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be able to create basic interactive prototypes and interfaces with a range of technologies.
- Have an understanding of how interface implementation is organised.
- Have an improved ability to get started making interactive technologies quickly.
- General principles; APIs, toolkits and resources.
- Window-based graphical user interfaces.
- Tangible physical interfaces and sensors.
- Basic electronic assembly and integration with hardware for prototyping
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component).
- Kenneth Boyd