CS5041: Interactive Software and Hardware
This module is offered in 2019-20.
The aims of this module are:
- To provide experience with using tools to create cutting-edge interfaces.
- To allow students to experience and try a wide variety of new interface technologies.
- To explain the basic common principles of interface implementation technologies.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be able to create basic interfaces with a range of new technologies.
- Have an understanding of how interface implementation is organised.
- Have an improved ability to get started with new technologies quickly.
- General principles; APIs, toolkits and resources.
- Window-based graphical user interfaces.
- Tangible/physical interfaces.
- Mobile interfaces.
- Sensing; gestures; multi-touch.
- Information visualization toolkits.
- Motion tracking and 3D volume interfaces.
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component).