CS5042: User-Centred Interaction Design
This module is offered in 2020-21.
- To provide experience with current design methodologies.
- To introduce students to the vocabulary and philosophy of interaction design.
- To allow students to experience multidisciplinary design work.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be able to design and justify the design of new interfaces and devices.
- Be able to communicate and document effectively their designs.
- Be able to work with other stakeholders to achieve good designs.
- Be able to communicate and work with others efficiently.
- Intro and general principles; design, engineering and interaction design.
- Idea generation, brainstorming and creativity.
- Sketching and paper prototyping.
- Design critique and feedback.
- Participatory design.
- Hi-fidelity prototyping.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- Carry out the weekly readings.
- Participate in group tutorials.
- Participate in final client presentation.