IS2901: Information Technology 2
This module is offered in 2020-21.
- To provide students with an insight into the technologies and concepts that are used in the design, construction and deployment of relational database systems and advanced web authoring.
- To give practical, hands-on ICT skills and the ability to learn about new software and systems.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be able to use with confidence at least one package of each of the following types: web editor, database package.
- Be aware of emerging trends in e-commerce.
- Have acquired a variety of online sources of information.
- Be able to understand and act on information provided in manuals, texts and online.
- Be able to produce well-structured and relevant reports using computer software.
- Advanced web: site management; cascading style sheets; multimedia and interactivity; dynamic web.
- E-commerce: history and development; building an E-commerce site; information policies, on-line transaction and security.
- Relational databases: design theory; models; creation.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all sub-Honours modules (class tests, mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- All module assignments must be submitted.