IS3901: Information Technology 3
This module is offered in 2020-21.
- To provide students with an in-depth understanding of database-driven web applications.
- To give practical skills in the use of a scripting language.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Be able to critically evaluate relevant sources of information.
- Have an understanding of the procedures involved in the implementation of database systems.
- Be able to discuss knowledgeably the main components and attributes of Human Computer Interaction and usability.
- Be able to produce a well-structured context survey using computer software.
- Be able to produce a dynamic web application.
- Usability: HCI; web usability; evaluation techniques.
- Databases: design theory; SQL.
- Dynamic web: scripting languages; authentication; information security.
This module has the following compulsory elements in addition to those common to all sub-Honours modules (class tests, mark of 4 in each assessment component):
- All module assignments must be submitted.