CS5099: Dissertation in Computer Science
This module is offered in 2020-21.
- To allow students to undertake a substantial in-depth study of a specific topic in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or Networks and Distributed Systems.
On successful completion of this module, the student should:
- Have produced an MSc dissertation of not more than 15,000 words.
- Have carried out a sustained programme of in-depth study on a specific topic.
- Have addressed the challenges arising from an MSc project specification.
- Be able to critically reflect on the execution of a major project from requirements to results.
- Have created a significant artefact such as a software system, a measurement framework, a testbed or similar.
This module has no compulsory elements beyond those common to all modules (mark of 4 in each assessment component).